let's talk about customer service, babyyyyy.

let's talk about you and me.  let's talk about how sometimes i'm trying to think about what to title posts and my brain spirals into nothing but salt-n-pepa lyrics.  oh lord.  how do people title posts?  c'est un mystère.  and sorry for the immediate topic change, but i swear customer service will be relevant in this post.  I SWEAR.

first, let's talk about how i wore cirque epoch for like three weeks.  this is a WIP of my primula florindae  that i took a while ago.  i swear, this polish wears like armor.  when i finally took it off the other day, i just had ONE TINY CHIP on my right middle finger.  that's it.  the only thing on my fingertips was epoch itself and a coat of one of rainbow honey's scented topcoats (the bubbly, probably, because it's my fave).  tl;dr: i highly recommend cirque polishes.  i can't say enough good stuff about them.

aaaand this is what's on my nails now.  it's 2-3 coats of NCLA downtown dollface, and the darker color is enchanted polish's april 2014 shade.  i also topped it with rica glossy glam, which shrank A LOT on me.  like, a lot a lot.  you can see in this photo where the enchanted polish pulled away from the NCLA at the base and tips of my nails, and this is after i filed away the exposed nail that both polishes shrank away from.

i normally just use rainbow honey's topcoat, but it's not very glossy, so i'm still in search of my HG glossy topcoat!  i'd say that glossy glam is better than seche, imo, though – it's got a very thin consistency in the bottle but is very shiny on the nail, and successfully melted away the bumps created by the chevron nail vinyls i used.  i'll probably try it next time i use a hungry glitter polish.  anyway, this manicure definitely looks better from farther away (evidence under the cut)!

see what i mean?  so cute, and you can barely see the weird shrinkage issues from a distance!  aw yiss.  i'm sure the shrinkage at the tips wouldn't have been an issue if i didn't keep my nails reeeeally short most of the time, but wrapping my tips is basically impossible at my nail length (and i still would have had it at my nail base, so meh).

CHEVRONS.  i'm not super adept at using the nail vinyls yet, mostly because i decided to use them at like 1:00 in the morning when i was in bed, full of late-night mania, like, "this will go wonderfully!" and i didn't have tweezers or anything so i was trying to pull them off my nails with my teeth, like, "i've made a huge mistake."

i reeeeally like the april 2014 enchanted polish, and i can definitely see myself wearing it as a full mani at some point.  it's mostly grey, but with the slightest touch of pale purple or blue, with a lovely cool shimmer/pearl that runs throughout and a very subtle holo.  the march/april 2014 LEs are the first enchanted polishes i've gotten, and they're both really nice.  i'm glad i spent an afternoon frantically refreshing their shop, haha.  totes worth it.

OKAY.  SO.  on to the customer service spiel that i mentioned in the title: i ordered downtown dollface, some lip balm, the rica topcoat, a girly bits polish, and cult nails riot from harlow & co.  they sent me an incorrect polish (i got cult nails party time instead of riot).  i initially went to just see if i could reorder riot, but it was sold out.  i'm assuming what happened was either 1) riot was sold out so they sent me party time in its stead, or 2) they accidentally sent me party time and then riot sold out.  i was super bummed, so i e-mailed them about it.

because of my anxiety issues, i have a reeeeeeally hard time coming forward when an order is incorrect.  but i held my breath and shut my eyes and hit the send button because i'd been really excited to see riot available and really wanted it.  turns out it WAS sold out, but they offered to refund me the money or give me a store credit, which is super nice of them considering i already basically got a free polish out of the mishap.  CUSTOMER SERVICE.  bam.

also, the hurraw! lip balms that i grabbed from h&c are amazing and basically holy fucking grail status.  no joke.  i'm a lip balm addict and i'll basically try any new brand i see, because my lips are always chapped.  but i've gone over a week with no painful lip issues and it's amazing.  i'm pretty sure this stuff is made of magic.  h&c doesn't have the full range of scents, so i ordered a bunch directly from their store, and OH MAN, CUSTOMER SERVICE.

(okay, yes, i ordered a LOT of lip balm, but i also switch out purses a lot and keep some in each, on my desk, my bedside table, my bathroom, basically everywhere.)  anyway, they sent me a free lip balm with my order, which is amazeballs, and the packaging it comes in is SO cute.  it comes wrapped in brown paper, and they send little satchels that you can use to house your balms or even as tea bags, apparently!  and as a bonus, they're vegan and gluten/soy/shea/petroleum-free.  whaaaaaaaat.

but seriously, these balms smell and feel amazing, and they have wonderful staying power.  they've got a bit of a shine to them, and they don't leave a residue on your lips or anything.

this pitta balm is my favorite so far (and the lime one is awesome, too).  it smells soooo good, and the mint makes it really cooling!  and i think the tube shape is really cute, too, it's sort of flattened/oval, rather than the traditional round tube.

where i purchased: posh yarn / ncla / enchanted polish / hurraw!

POSTED BY sara gee

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand when hitting that send button when sending emails to customer service! I have been feeling pretty anxious lately because of some of the emails I sent to RH (I was hit with MASSIVE customs fees - not their fault but still not sure why it happened - never happened before) but anyway I am proud that you got everything sorted out! I wish RH had a better top coat too - I really wish it was thicker.

    ReplyDelete